Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences. A failure to properly remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and dangerous environments. SERVPRO of Northeast Bronx is trained to safely remove biohazards and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations.
Equipped with the necessary safety apparatus and cleaning products, we can help transform these unhealthy environments back into clean, safe homes and offices.
Need Biohazard Cleanup Services?
Call Us Today – (718) 597-7378
The decontamination of a home or business due to trauma, sewage backups, chemical spills, hoarding or other biohazards can be both dangerous and emotional. Specialized training and experience is key when choosing a cleanup company to resolve these circumstances.
We provide cleanup and recovery services for many biohazard situations. These include the following:
Common Biohazard Scenarios
Sewage backups and dark water intrusions are more than nasty, smelly deposits – these damages also introduce harmful microorganisms into a structure. We remove the sewage, contaminants, and moisture, and help ensure the structure is properly cleaned, disinfected, and deodorized.
We remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime or death. Trained SERVPRO of Northeast Bronx Professionals clean, disinfect and deodorize the structure.
SERVPRO realizes many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs such as methamphetamine are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. We follow federal and state guidelines to properly clean all surfaces.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (718) 597-7378
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Northeast Bronx has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
SERVPRO of Northeast Bronx proudly serves Bronx and surrounding areas.